Inspired by my fellow Myeloma traveller Jet Black http://jetblackliving.wordpress.com who was in turn inspired by http://helenfawkes.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/my-list-for-living/
I have decided to write my own list of exciting things to look forward to and things I would love to do whilst still on this earth.
I certainly don’t want to think of this as a bucket list as I am not happy with the idea of kicking any buckets!
I shall pick each idea carefully and dream widely about it.
I won’t let a lack of finances be a barrier as who knows what might happen next, I could win tonights lottery, or inherit a fortune from someone I didn’t even know.
I shall include what I like because it is MY list and I will change my mind about it if I wish.
If I achieve all or none of my dreams it will be OK I won’t use at a challenge or a list of tasks to be ticked off.
It will be my dream list. In fact I shall call it my living dream list and if it only stays a dream it will be OK, but I will try to realise as many as possible.
The list will not be in order of importance
I shall report on all the ones I have achieved and how much it lived up to my expectations.
I can see this is going to be exciting.
I will welcome your ideas and be happy for you to join me in my dreams .
I shall dream BIG, BRIGHT and BOLD.
So here goes with my list (so far) of living life dreams:
- To have the most fantastic Summer 50th Birthday Party with live music, camping, Pimms, checked tablecloths and wild flowers. Surrounded by friends and family, dancing until the sun goes down in a flowing dress and a daisy chain around my beautiful long hair (which may need to be a new wig). This dream is already well on its way to happening!
- Return to Gstaad Palace in Switzerland with my nearest and dearest for a SPA weekend.
- Visit the bridges of Maddison County and pop into diners and drive-ins with real cowboys and country music bars.
- Travel 1st class on a plane and sit in one of those pods just ike my brother did drinking fine champagne.
- Pop along to Buckingham Palace to pick up an OBE. LOL 🙂
- Renew my vows to Colin on a lovely warm beach somewhere, and remind him just how much he means to me.
- Get away more in our motorhome and see more of France.
- Enjoy a taster menu with my brother at a restaurant recommended by him as he knows about good food.
- Hire a large villa in France or somewhere warm, with a heated pool for a whole month, and have friends and family to come and stay.
- Take my grandson to visit London Zoo.
- Stay overnight in London and see a musical.
- Have an exhibition of my own art work
- Do a bust of Elliot
- Visit my Uncle in Hong Kong
- Make an outdoor Kitchen
- Design and have installed a mini version of my sisters bathroom.
- Enjoy pancakes and maple syrup in an American Diner
- Make some beautiful jewellery for my daughters and sister
- Finish Grandfathers diary and give a printed copy to my brother, sister, mum and girls before presenting the original diary to the museum with my mum.
- Visit my grandfathers grave in Holland.
- Attend and help plan my daughters wedding to someone I know loves them dearly and whom they love with all their hearts.
- Witness my two daughters and my sisters boys happiness and success.
- Give more than I receive
- Watch my sisters success as her business grows
- Swim in my brothers pool
- Spend many more evenings snuggled up with my dear husband in front of our wood burning stove and cook more on our little Rayburn.
- Finish writing my book and get it published.
- Get back to work and continue to reduce the stigma about mental ill health and empower staff and clients to improve their emotional well being.
- Raise more money for Myeloma Research so they find a cure.
- Sort out some kind of better flooring for our lounge.
- Write a column for a newspaper or magazine.
- Present on TV about children’s mental health.
- Somehow be able to get Country TV on my television at home.
- Buy Place Farm and put up a large glass extention that makes good use of the views.
- Encourage people in thinking about alternative education and different types of learning environments.
- Spend another evening dancing as the sun goes down on the back of the VW truck.
- Have my Tongue and Big Brother Eye sculptures made up and exhibited at Goodwood Sculpture Park
- Get a piece of art accepted by the Summer exhibition
- Host a drive in Movie at Place Farm
- Hear Gods voice with my own ears loud and clear re assuring me of life after death.
- Meet up with Jarvis and family again.
- Have one of my Aunty Judy’s Sunday Lunches.